When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren,
Women and Beauty

Thursday, February 4, 2010

In need of SUNSHINE!!!

My laptop screensaver is this beautiful shot of Bora Bora...that clear bright blue water...those huts on stilts with see through floors...ahhh I could go on and on. I have it because it gives me hope of one day traveling there.

It also helps on days like this.

The weather today is wretched. Overcast, dark grey skies are the worst. Rain or shine please, but this in between gloom is killing me. Another reason I could NEVER live in Seattle.

Damn you groundhog :)

I am so thirsty for the feeling on sunshine on my back. Some color on my skin. The chance to put Sophia in her first bikini and take a dip in Chad's pool, down the street. The sun always lifts my spirits. So, as hot tea is brewing and Sophia is taking her late morning nap, a sunny vacation is all I can think about. However, days like this do allow for things to get done like filling out her baby book (which I have seriously neglected since going back to work) and organizing all of her photos over the past 4.5 months. In the meantime, I will continue to work on that post baby, bikini body and start planning some summer getaways!

Work is going well. Writing reviews this week and struggling with it because I was gone for all of Q4. Very thankful for my team and their ability to help me with them. Mom is doing great watching Sophia. Again, something I am very thankful for. Her being here allows me some peace and time to breathe. She was here for a week and left yesterday but will be back on Sunday evening. My sis and Manny came in last week and they brought their puppy, so the house was VERY full. It was so nice to see my sis and she LOVED being with Sophia for a few days. She cried when she left, as did I, which was to be expected. I miss her so much and wish she lived closer.

When Chris left for work this morning, it was a little strange being alone with Sophia for the first time in a week and a half. However, it's kinda nice to be alone it my thoughts too and have one on one time with my baby.

Speaking of...she soon won't be one. Growing so fast. She can now bounce up and down in her exersaucer and she always tries to wiggle out of her bouncer. Good thing for the straps. When I am walking down the hall with her, I know have to hold her with both arms. This morning, I was taking her to the nursery for a diaper change, holding her the way I always do. She quickly arched her back and lurched backwards, almost right out of my arms. Scared me to death and rushed my left arm forward to catch her upper body. Just another reminder that she isn't the small baby I gave birth to. Can't believe she'll be five months old in ten days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment