When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren,
Women and Beauty

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The happiest teething baby I have ever seen!!!

Sophia has been a drooling machine for the past few weeks. Sunday was the worst amount I have seen thus far. Daddy stayed in town while Sophia and I drove down to Shannon and Michael's Super Bowl party. Everyone was so glad to see her but if they held her, they held a burp cloth too. She was just a fountain of drool. I thought I had felt a bit of a ridge coming through, but no fussiness or crying until the late evening as usual right before we were about to leave. The whole ride home she slept and went to bed just fine.

Yesterday, my mom brought her to my lunch @ work so I could feed her and the drooling has subsided a little. So when I got home last night around 9:45, Christopher told me he felt her first tooth. I honestly didn't believe him, because she had no tell tale signs of breaking teeth. I stuck my finger in to see what he was talking about, in an attempt to prove him wrong (one of our favorite past times), and much to my surprise, I felt a PRICK! Her bottom first tooth broke through! Officially the happiest teething baby I have seen!

I broke down silently, unable to control my tears. I couldn't help myself. 24 was on and he glanced over to see tears streaming down my face. Call it a long day at work (after a very long week and not long enough weekend last week), or just hormones, but I was blubbering mess. My baby was growing up too fast. Ever since I have resumed my full time job, time has been rushing by. For four months, I was always by her side, watching every little milestone, seeing every little cute move. This was the first milestone I was not there for, and Daddy was. I am so happy he got to see a "first" on his own, but I couldn't help but be selfishly sad.

As happy as I am for all the milestones to come, I can't help looking back at how fast these soon to be five months have been. She'll be five months on Sunday and every minute has been a gift. She lights up my life and fills my heart.

Here's to many more special moments and amazing "firsts"!

No comments:

Post a Comment