When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren,
Women and Beauty

Friday, January 15, 2010

Feeling accomplished, feeling good

Yesterday was a great day...for two reasons...

1) Sophia turned four months old!!! I got her an exersaucer and didn't anticipate how complicated it would be to put together. Here's a pic of her taken in it yesterday:

Photobucket

2) I got an incredible amount of work done. My mom had come into town for two days and I wasn't going to let her leave until she helped me COMPLETELY finish Sophia's nursery. Final touches had not been done and honestly finding time to do it on my own was nearly impossible. So, she played with Sophia and lent her opinion while I went to work. I arranged the butterflies on the wall, ordered prints through one hour and hung her picture collage, hung her shelves and FINALLY put together her shadow box of the day she was born. The nursery is finally the result of everything I had envisioned and I am so happy that it all came together so well. I was a bit nervous that choosing lavender and sage as the two primary colors would end up biting me in my (you know where) but when all was said and done, all the details really tied it together. Here's a collage of pics:

 




So, today involves her 4 month doctor appt...hopefully no more shots :( and then hopefully a nice walk in Bidwell Park before the weather turns ugly for the next 6 days. Later, I will update her calendar for the past three weeks and begin handcrafting her valentines to send out to friends, family and her potential boyfriends of course :).

And DUN...DUN...DUN...Only three days until I go back to work. Instead of looking down on it, I will accept it with open arms. I have to realize how good I have it. My mom will be coming in three days a week to watch her so Christopher will only have to do a half day on Friday. The extra income will be lovely so I can begin the domestic decoration of our home and start planning our summer vacations. It will also allow me to cherish the time I have with Sophia even that much more.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment