When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren,
Women and Beauty

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy week to prepare for an extremely busy month

As of next Tuesday, I will have lived in the new place for a month! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Just designed and ordered the invites for Sophia's 1st birthday and even by the time I receive them and send them out Monday the party will be 5 weeks away. I keep finding all these little projects that need to be finished by the time the house is filled with my dearest friends and family. I want to plant flowers in the back, start an herb garden in my kitchen greenhouse window, paint the kitchen and Sophia's room, the list goes on. I love the way the invites turned out and will be referring the company to you all for future needs...

www.picturemeperfect.com.

Already have the theme of the party planned and have begun getting all the decorations together. Cupcakes and her 1st cake are already planned as well. The menu however has been consuming my thoughts. It will be mid September so the weather will still be warm. My mom recommended chili but again I think it will be too hot for such a cozy dish. BBQ? Mexican taco bar? Sandies, salads and sides? As many of my friends know already, when it comes to food I am already obsessively indecisive. The day will be such a special day and I am not sure that I will want to be slaving away behind the Weber. Thankfully my mom is taking the entire week off so she will be here to help me prepare, cook, etc.

If the party planning process time hasn't already been slipping through my fingers, my little girl is now standing freely on her own, walking along the couch and on Tuesday she started saying "Ba ba ba ba." Brings a smile to my face because that little voice inside that I have been anxiously waiting to hear will come out before I know it. Just waiting on the magical word...mama!

Things are getting easier and easier by the day. I have moved from crying after she leaves, to my eyes simply welling with tears. Chris was gone all last week and didn't get his usual Wednesday night so I told him he could have her this Thursday night as well. I know the split is just as hard on him but I can't bear to be apart from her. The maternal bond is stronger than you ever can imagine until you actually become a mother for the first time.

So tonight, I will have some me time. Give myself a facial and pedicure and maybe catch up on some reading. Can't wait to see my favorite girls this weekend. Long overdue and definitely needed. I love Chico but an escape every now and then is a nice break from reality.

More photos to come but here are a couple recent shots of Sophia with the new maracas I got her...





Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment